EXTENSION & REFURBISHMENT CASE STUDY
Mr and Mrs Ryman engaged BG Construction to build an extension and new patio area at their home. The original property had a small kitchen, lacked storage and didn’t provide enough bedroom space upstairs for their sons. BG Construction assisted with:
- Remodelling and renovation of the existing entrance and creation of a two-storey rear extension. This was built to achieve an additional bedroom studio. The new space downstairs was used to create an open plan kitchen, family room and dining area.
- Installing new windows, roof lantern and doors.
- Complete electrical rewiring, light fittings and decorations
- New plumbing and underfloor heating.
- Installation of wood burning stove, surround and flue.
- Expertly laid flooring, with meticulous attention to detail on the tiling. Every tile was cut precisely to match the shape across the bi-fold runner and the joints ran in perpendicular lines – all the way from inside the kitchen to the edge of the patio.
“We chose BG Construction after hearing very positive recommendations from both our friends and our architect.
Our boys were quickly growing up, and we needed some extra space. We want to create a central hub kitchen/ diner and relaxation area so we could spend more quality time together.
During the build, BG Construction kept the project running to our tight schedule and nothing was too much trouble. They kept to our budget and recommended additional ways to make savings – like reusing the original windows elsewhere in the property.
The whole team’s work was spot on! For example, when the roof lantern was delivered they made sure the opening was millimeter perfect, it just slotted into place.
During the build, the whole team were friendly. They put in extra time to make sure we had everything we wanted; even extras.
BG Construction has transformed the way our family lives. We are extremely pleased with their work.”