ADDING KERB APPEAL
We believe it is a house which instantly lifts your spirit and makes you feel welcome. It could be a well-presented home with extra special design considerations and achitectural features.
Find out how to add some extra kerb appeal to your property, by reading our top three tips below:
1. MAKE A GREAT FIRST IMPRESSION
On approach, the front of your property can make a great impression. You can achieve this by:
- Maintaining and enhancing the period charm.
- Alternatively, consider painting brickwork, or adding modern rendering, or weatherboard over-cladding.
- A new entrance porch will enhance the appearance of the building and add extra appeal.
- For a bold entrance fit a bright front entrance door, such as black, navy, red or racing green.
- New metal letterboxes, house numbers and door-knockers will help too.
2. GIVE DRIVEWAYS AND PATIOS A NEW LEASE OF LIFE
Most paved, concrete, or imprinted concrete driveways will look far better once they’ve been thoroughly cleaned with a pressure washer, or you could consider starting afresh.
Spruce up the outside spaces with new fences and metalwork gates. Neaten up the hedge planting, lawn, shrubs and additional areas.
3. LIGHTING IS VITAL
Entrance lighting placed either side of the front door to add symmetry or a lantern within a portico entrance. If your property is approached via a garden, subtle lighting will be vital.
Alternatively, a property can look uninviting at the first glance but hide a surprisingly awe-inspiring or capacious interior, a bit like the magical doorway of Alice in Wonderland. Some artistic-minded owners revel in misleading first-time visitors by presenting a home that is not quite what it seems.
If you are looking for Builders in Farnham, Surrey contact us. Whether you want to add value to your home with renovations, landscaping, or even start a new build project we can help you from the very start. When you choose to work with us, we will involve you at every point of the construction process, so you can always be in control of your project.